5 Pros and Cons of Laser Hair Removal
16 Nov, 2022
For various reasons, people decide to permanently remove their facial or body hair. This has resulted in the development of different kinds of hair removal technology, one of which is laser treatment. And like most things, it has its advantages and disadvantages. So, if you’re considering opting for the laser method, then you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we will be going over some of the most common pros and cons of laser hair removal, to help you make your decisions wisely.
- Painless: Compared to the more traditional approaches to removing hair, laser treatment is relatively painless. To put it another way, you can think about it falling somewhere between shaving and waxing, in terms of pain level and sensation. The specialist performing the procedure will also typically cool the skin beforehand to numb the area to reduce the discomfort and/or pain even less. On top of this, the more times you actually have it done, the less it will hurt. This is because the hair will be finer.
- Precision: Laser removal can be performed on practically any area of your face or body as long as it’s being used in a safe and effective way. This includes the bikini area, back, stomach, etc. Also, it covers larger areas quite fast, especially with more precise skin tones and hair colors. More specifically, the darker the hair and lighter the skin tone, the better results you will get.
- Speed: The process of the treatment will typically take around 15 minutes, but it can vary depending on the area. Smaller parts such as the upper lip will obviously take much less time. The pulses take less than a second and they tackle multiple hairs at the same time.
- Results: With laser hair removal, you can expect excellent results very fast. Especially, if your skin tone and hair color match that of which the technology best tackles. There’s also no significant risk of side effects. Expect to see effective results after 4 to 6 sessions, on average.
- Predictability: Right off the bat, it should be noted that laser hair removal will not permanently remove all hair. Instead, it will drastically reduce it, making it much finer, thinner, and lighter, and, it can be months if not years for the hair to regrow. The results are as expected almost always.
- Duration: Even though individual sessions are done in a matter of minutes, the entire journey takes a long time. You generally have to wait many months to actually see the results. Yes, it will be 4 to 6 sessions but keep in mind that there will have to be a long gap between each session.
- Expensive: Depending on the actual technology used and the country in which it’s being used, the price varies. That being said, it is not cheap. Especially if you consider that with multiple sessions, the costs will add up. There is no doubt that the alternatives such as waxing or shaving will save you tons of money. Razors, for example, come in packages of many.
- Precision: Yes, as previously mentioned, precision can be a good thing. But for people who don’t hold the characteristics for effectiveness, it is a downside. We’re talking about people who have lighter hair and/or darker skin. The science behind it is related to the contrast between hair colors. Unfortunately, for them, the results will not be as effective and as clear.
- Training: If you decide to get laser hair removal, then be sure that you do it with a certified professional. Otherwise, you may end up having burns, scars, and redness from the improper use of the machine. Therefore, before starting out these treatments, let Medway.am guide you to choose the most qualified specialists in this field as well as the best clinics, where the latest laser hair removal equipments are used.
- Circumstances: Even though there are no significant or dangerous side effects to laser treatment, there are some special cases to take into consideration. For instance, you should avoid any direct contact with the sun during this period, because it may lead to burning and/or irritation of the skin. Also, you will have to remove masks if you wish to remove facial hair, and this is not recommended during the covid era.
We hope you now have a better idea of both the positive and negative aspects of laser hair removal. That being said, to undergo any type of physical procedure, it is best to consult a medical professional prior to making a final decision.