Dr. Sargis Jamagortsyan is a well-known narcologist—psychiatrist with 35 years of experience, currently working at Sigma-Med Medical Center. He graduated from Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi with a degree in narcology and psychiatry. Throughout his life, Dr. Jamagortsyan has worked as a narcologist at the Republican Narcology Center, and was the Head of the department at the Republican Addiction Center in Yerevan for 15 years. He also attended and participated in many trainings and workshops such as the Alcohol and Drug Reduction Information Workshop, HIV / AIDS Prevention Workshop, Addiction and Alcoholism treatment and prophylaxis, and many more.
Achievements, trainings և certificates.
- YSMU “Modernization of the problem of symptoms, syndromes and pathogenesis of syndromes for psychotherapists and narcologists”, (September 25-November 10, 2000).
- “Epilepsy and Endogenous Psychosis Clinic, Differential Diagnosis and Treatment Issues”, (October 23-27, 2000).
- “Alcohol and Drug Reduction Information Workshop”, (March 31, 2003 and December 1-3, 2003).
- “The Role of Pre- and Post-Test Counseling for Professionals Carrying Out CPR Among IDUs Supported by the Global AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria Action Seminar-Exercise on HIV/AIDS and STD Prevention”, Yerevan, (February 10-14 , 2004).
- “Drug Data Collection and Drug Epidemiology in Transcaucasia”, course, (November 23-26, 2004).
- Scientific seminar “Addiction and Alcoholism treatment and prophylaxis”, (March 10-12, 2005).
- “Training course on drug treatment and rehabilitation methodology, European approach”, (June 25-27, 2008).
- “Mental-behavioral disorders due to the use of psychoactive substances” improvement course, (November 11-December 27, 2013).
- “Modern issues of addiction” improvement course, (October 8-November 23, 2018)․