Dr.Rafik Shahparonyan is a maxillofacial surgeon and head of Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery Department of St. Gregory the Illuminator MC. He earned his bachelor’s and master's degrees from Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi and did his residency at Heratsi N1 University Hospital. He has participated in several exchange programs in Egypt and Hungary and has undergone trainings in Russia. In 2021, he won an award for the most sought-after plastic surgeon of the Year.
Achievements, trainings and certificates:
- “YSMU IFMSA exchange program”, training, Egypt, (2010).
- “YSMU IFMSA exchange program”, training, Hungary, (2011).
- Poghosyan A. Yu., Poghosyan UM, Shahparonyan RG Tracheostomy method. Patent # 3046 A. 0. (2016).
- YSMU Faculty of Public Health: Higher Medical Institutional management, (2020-2021).
- “Kuzdayeva School”, training, Vladikavkaz, Russia, (2020).
- “Face Lift Kadavar”, training, Moscow, Russia, (2020).
- Most sought-after Plastic Surgeon of the Year (2021).
- Laureate of popular trust, (2022).