Dr. Artashes Zilfyan is an ophthalmologist, head of the ophthalmological service of "Shengavit" MC, and the Department of Ophthalmology, National Institute of Health of the RA Ministry of Health. He is also Chief ophthalmologist of Yerevan, and advisor to the RA Minister of Health on ophthalmology. He graduated from Yerevan State Medical University after Mkhitar Heratsi and did his residency at the Ophthalmology Department of YSMU. He has undergone many trainings and taken courses in different countries such as Russia, Italy, Finland, India, Vienna, and Amsterdam. He has also organized many medical conferences related to Ophthalmology and has published more than 40 articles in local and international journals.
Achievements, trainings and certificates:
- “Department of Glaucoma”, Helmholtz Eye Diseases Research Institute, Moscow, (2005).
- “Department of Oculoplasty - Anterior Eye Reconstructive Surgery”, Helmholtz Eye Diseases Research Institute, Moscow, (2005).
- “Phacoemulcification” course, Fyodorov Institute of Ophthalmic Surgery, Moscow, (2006).
- “Modern technologies for the diagnosis and treatment of glaucoma”, Fyodorov Institute of Ophthalmic Surgery, Moscow, (2008).
- “Mobile technologies in the eye”, Helmholtz Eye Diseases Research Institute, Moscow, (2008).
- “Eye Injury in Extreme Situations”, Helmholtz Eye Diseases Research Institute, Moscow, (2008).
- “Cataract refractive surgery modern technologies-Alcon”, Italy, (2009).
- “Cataract Phacoemulsification”, India, (2009).
- “Wet Lab LASIK”, “Keraring” ESCRS, Vienna, (2011).
- “Excimer Laser Surgery”, London, (2011).
- “Excimer Laser Correction” Masterclass, Riga, (2011).
- “Excimer laser vision correction”, Helmholtz Ophthalmological Institute, Moscow, (2013).
- “Keraring implantation”, Amsterdam, (2013).
- “Implantation of intraocular lenses in cases of high myopia and astigmatism”, Amsterdam, (2013).
- Member of the American Association of Refractive and Cataract Surgeons, since 2008,
- Member of the European Association of Refractive and Cataract Surgeons, since 2008,
- The president and founder of the "Association of Young Ophthalmologists of Armenia", since 2016.
- ESCRS international conference, (2010-2019).
- “Excimer laser correction” international conference, Dubai, (2011).
- “Glaucoma”, WGC Paris, (2011).
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (World Congress), Las Vegas, (2015).
- Annual meeting of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, Chicago, (2016).
- XXXIV Congress of the ESCRS, Copenhagen, (2016).
- “TIOK”, Tbilisi, Georgia, (December 18, 2016).
- Alcon Meeting, Tbilisi, Georgia, (2017).
Medal of Vazken Sargsyan.